Stage One Water Rationing
Stage one water rationing is in effect for all of Catalina Island. The following restrictions are placed upon the uses of fresh water.
- Use of fresh water through any meter when the company has notified the customer in writing to repair a broken or defective plumbing sprinkler, watering or irrigation system and the customer has failed to effect such repairs wihin five business days.
- Use of fresh water that reults in flooding or runoff in gutters or streets.
- Individual private washing of cars, or private boats or aircrafts with a hose except with the use of a positive action shut-off nozzle or three-gallon bucket. Use of fresh water for washing commercial aircraft, buses, boats, trailers or other commercial vehicles at any time, except at commercial or fleet vehicle washing facilities operated at a fixed location where equipment using water is properly mainained to avoid wasteful use.
- Use of fresh water washing buildings and sructures, street cleaning, driveways, patios, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas, except in the cases where health and safety are at risk.
- Use of fresh water to irrigate turf, lawns, gardens, or ornamental landscaping by means other than drip irrigation, or hand watering without quick acting positive action shut-off nozzles. Watering by use of a container or bucket not exceeding a three-gallon capacity will be permitted at any time.
- Use of resh water for construction purposes such as consolidaiton of backfill, dust control, or other uses.
- Operation of commercial car washes without recycling at least 50% of the fresh water used per cycle.
- Use of potable water for filling or refilling of swimming pools, spas, hot tubs and decorative fountains.
- Service of fresh water by any restaurant except upon the request of a patron.
- The use of fresh water from fire hydrants, at any time, for any purpose other than fire suppression is prohibited.
- The watering of outdoor landscaping vegetation by hoses or sprinkler systems shall be limited to the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., during the period Pacific Daylight Time is in effect abd 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., during the period Pacific Standard Time is in effect.